Sunday 21 July 2013

Hi,

This is Kineret Rifkind writing today. I want everyone to know that we really appreciate all the help you've given us with your articles in the papers -

http://jewishpostandnews.ca/local/1194-let-s-help-send-a-winnipeg-family-to-israel

http://www.winnipegjewishreview.com/article_detail.cfm?id=3665&sec=2&title=Winnipegger_Yitzchak_Rifkind_is_on_his_way_to_winning_a_job_in_Israel_and_making_Aliyah_to_Israel_with_his_family

And all the votes that you've been entering daily and sharing the contest to others on Facebook and beyond!

It amazes me how much this contest has grown and is being talked about. We really have a good shot at it!

Now, more about me. I married Yitzchak 10 years ago. We actually met online on a Jewish website, and that turned out pretty great, so maybe getting a job online will also turn out awesome. I'm open to the opportunity.

On our second year of marriage we moved to Israel for the year and had our first child (Naftali) while living there. It was quite the experience having first child premature via c-section. Thankfully we had so much support that everything turned out fine. I had lived there before for the year, but as student living in a dorm, so definitely more sheltered.

As a new little family, we loved it! I'm happy that if we move back, I will get to reconnect with all my friends that are there. I certainly would not be going to a strange far-away land with no connections. In fact, I already have some friends looking into possible communities for us to live! And as a photographer (www.krifkindphotography.com) I will able to work in Israel immediately! We are just waiting for more information about the job (Soda Stream) and all that it entails. As of now, we are in the voting/social media phase of the competition, and once that is done, we move on (hopefully) to the interview/qualification part of the process.

So keep daily voting please! Only 10 more days!

I'm including some photos from our year in Israel that I recently found and a couple from just this past week.

Thanks again!

Kineret











1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! I still have the tunnel picture sitting in my living room!

    I think it will be awesome in every sense of the word to have you here and for you to be here. It's not easy--as Mike always told me, you don't jump off the plane and spend your nights playing guitar and dancing the hora! We all need our parnassa with honor, but as hard as it is (no matter where you are these days)to earn a living, there is no greater place to raise kids! Me? I told Mike I could live anywhere that had (1) a bookstore, (2) decent coffee and (3) friends. The first two we have for sure, and the friends come along pretty quickly. You are luckier than most of us--you have friends waiting for you! Can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete